Assistant Football Coach Job Description
Qualifications: As determined by the Arkansas Department of Education
Reports to: Athletic Director, Head Coach and Principal
Supervises: Student athletes and classroom students
Assistant Football Coach/Spring Sport (TBD). K-12 Health PE certification preferred. Possible
Coordinator position. Minimum of 5 years experience preferred. Interested Applicants can
contact Athletic Director David Osborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (870)310-1659
Assistant Coach Duties and Responsibilities
1. Carries out all duties as assigned by the head coach.
2. Complies with the Smackover-Norphlet School District Expectations of Coaches and
Chain of Command.
3. Meet all certification and licensing requirements of the Arkansas Department of
Education, Arkansas Activities Association, and Smackover-Norphlet School District for
teaching and coaching.
4. CPR and AED certified.
5. Class B CDL with airbrakes
6. Implements all goals as set forward by the head coach.
7. Supervises players at all times.
8. Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team
9. Plans and sets-up activities, practices and games as directed by head coach
10. Ensures that proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and
uniforms and updated inventories are turned in
11. Adheres to all financial policies of the District in regard to the collection and
disbursement of money, expenses, and receipts
12. Responsible for seeing that players follow all AAA guidelines for sportsmanship.
13. Is responsible for knowing and abiding by the rules and regulations of the AAA, the
Conference, the SNS Board of Education policies, and Athletic Department procedures.
14. Assist the head coach with equipment issues and inventory.
15. All coaches are expected to report for the start of the season and to attend any and
all meetings necessary for the organization pertinent to the sport.
16. Is responsible for promoting the program in a positive manner.
17. Provides the athletic director and the head coach with information regarding team
issues when necessary.
18. Follows all AAA guidelines regarding sportsmanship.
19. Works with the High School Coach to maintain and beautify all home facilities
pertinent to the sport coached