The 2022-23 athletic year ended in May and now the Academic State Championships have been handed out. Valley View claimed seven academic state championships to lead the state while Mountain Home claimed four different titles.
The Academic State Championships recognize teams in football, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls cross country, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls track, softball, baseball, volleyball, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls golf, boys and girls swimming, boys and girls bowling, boys and girls wrestling, competitive cheer, and competitive dance who have achieved academically. It is based on each team member’s cumulative grade point average for the most recent official grading period. Academic State Champions will be determined by the following procedure:
1. List every student who participated at the varsity level by the reporting date in each sport.
All students who participate in a varsity contest at any time during the season are considered varsity athletes. Only full teams in each sport will be considered for the award
2. List each student’s cumulative GPA figured on a standard 4.0 scale. Include the last full grading period in which credit was earned.
3. Round GPAs off to the nearest thousandth — Example: 3.255, not to exceed 4.0
4. Complete and submit applications to the AAA before the deadline for each season.
5. Use a separate form for each sport. Do not combine girls and boys teams. The form must be signed by both the coach and principal.
6. In individual sports, a minimum of four (4) team members will be required to be eligible for the award.
Boys Tennis - Harrison
Girls Tennis - Valley View
Boys Cross Country - Valley View
Girls Cross Country - Valley View
Boys Golf St. Joseph - Conway
Girls Golf - Charleston
Football - The Baptist Prep
Volleyball - Shiloh Christian
Boys Bowling - Ridgefield Christian
Girls Bowling - LR Christian
Girls Swimming - Haas Hall Springdale
Boys Swimming - Fayetteville
Boys Wrestling - Gravette
Girls Wrestling - Mountain Home
Cheer - Woodlawn
Dance - Jonesboro
Boys Basketball - Mountain Home
Girls Basketball - Clinton
Baseball Mountain - Home
Softball - Mountain Home
Boys Soccer - Valley View
Girls Soccer - Valley View
Boys Track - Valley View
Girls Track - Valley View